Learn more about the MSTI
In this intensive master’s degree program, students learn how to take an innovative idea from concept to development and on to launch. The project-based curriculum, developed and delivered with industry real-world input by leading UW faculty, immerses students in design thinking, technology development, and entrepreneurship to give our graduates some of the most in-demand skills in the Smart Devices/IoT and Robotics sectors.
Request an appointment or call with our admissions staff to learn more!
Past MSTI Student Projects Include:
- Create a system of IoT devices to collect data on plastic waste in rivers in partnership with Microsoft. (Watch the video)
- Develop search and rescue drones with remote operations using T-Mobile 5G technology. (Read the poster)
- Protect the health of U.S. Department of Natural Resources Wildland firefighters with smart helmets. (Read our blog)
- Integrate Machine Learning and Computer Vision in a Microsoft AI for Good project to create a portable retinal imaging system for use in remote areas. (Watch the video)
- Implement technology-assisted therapeutic devices in partnership with University of Washington researchers and elderly care facilities. (Read the poster)