The UW MSTI Supports Women in Technology
The University of Washington is dedicated to supporting Women technology careers – not only does the UW host the world’s largest advocate for women in science, engineering, and technology fields with the Society of Women Engineers, but also supports annual Women in Science and Engineering conferences, mentoring programs, and supports many more resources for students, alumni, and scholars.
The UW Master of Science in Technology Innovation is a unique STEM program enabling students from all backgrounds to gain the skills to join the technology innovation ecosystem, and currently has a cohort composed of nearly 50% female students!
Connect with us to learn more about mentoring our students, sponsoring our projects, or becoming a student!
Past MSTI Student Projects Include:
- Create a system of IoT devices to collect data on plastic waste in rivers in partnership with Microsoft. (Watch the video)
- Develop search and rescue drones with remote operations using T-Mobile 5G technology. (Read the poster)
- Protect the health of U.S. Department of Natural Resources Wildland firefighters with smart helmets. (Read our blog)
- Integrate Machine Learning and Computer Vision in a Microsoft AI for Good project to create a portable retinal imaging system for use in remote areas. (Watch the video)
- Implement technology-assisted therapeutic devices in partnership with University of Washington researchers and elderly care facilities. (Read the poster)