MSTI Program Options
Focus your studies on an emerging technology relevant to your career goals and interests with either the Robotics or Connected Devices.
Interested in developing solutions that improve how people work, play, and learn? Our robotics-focused degree will help you bridge business principles, human-centered design, and robotics fundamentals like navigation, manipulation, and mobility. Graduates of the MSTI (Robotics Track) will be well-equipped to pursue product management, design, validation, and testing roles in:
- Product-oriented self-driving car teams (e.g., automotive and self-driving vehicle industries).
- Human-collaborative warehousing robotics development (e.g., major shipping and fulfillment centers).
- Medical/rehab robotics design (e.g., remote surgery and other uses that combine robotics with AI and machine learning).
“Growth in robotics today is concentrated on collaborative robotic systems which work closely with humans, everywhere from the warehouse to the operating room,” said Blake Hannaford, technical director, GIX. “Our program is the first to add an extensive user research focus and other broad components to more typical robotics topics, such as autonomous manipulation and navigation. Our graduates will be able to implement, test, and tune robotic solutions on real hardware with ROS (the current state-of-the-art robotics middleware), but will also understand the broader business context.”
Connected Devices Track
Learn how to analyze a market opportunity, design and build a working prototype, and propose a business model for connected devices and systems that address challenges across a variety of fields such as global health manufacturing, conservation, and education. Learn about managing data, signal processing, senors, and circuits to develop innovative devices fueling the growth of the internet of things.
The program prepares students for roles in rapid-growth fields like product development, software management, and technology
- AI and Machine Learning Specialists
- User Experience and Human-Machine Interaction Designers
- Blockchain Specialists
- Software Engineers
- Product Designers and Design Technologists