Make an Impact
Your generosity enables us to build talent that leverages emerging technologies to address local and global challenges. GIX provides a place where students can bring their love of technology, their aspirations, and their drive to make a difference in the world and learn best practices from experts on the cutting edge of research and implementation. The customized learning experiences we offer prepare them to work across the traditional boundaries of culture and discipline, apply methodologies in diverse contexts, and develop meaningful solutions to some of society’s most challenging problems.
It is because of our donors that GIX can offer this unparalleled interdisciplinary educational experience for our students so that they can make a profound, positive impact through technology innovation. You have control over how your donation is used, and can impact in the area that matters most to you.
GIX Scholarship Fund
By contributing to the GIX Scholarship Fund you are providing essential financial support for UW MSTI students. These need-based scholarships help eliminate any financial boundaries students may face during their time in the MSTI program. These gifts help ensure academic success for those who are at an economic disadvantage.
GIX General Gift Fund
Support GIX by making a gift to be utilized in support of critical programs at the discretion of the CEO. Gifts to the General Fund will enhance learning opportunities available within the Steve Ballmer Building and beyond. This support is important because it is flexible and your gift can have immediate impact. Gifts to the general gift fund may support a variety of priority areas, including:
- Funds for targeted innovations in research or teaching
- Global education experiences (study abroad) for MSTI students
- Honoraria for guest speakers to enhance the student experience
- Development of new programs to augment curriculum
- Recruitment of new faculty
- Curriculum support such as materials, teaching assistants, etc.
- Support for networking and career development opportunities
- New, cutting-edge equipment in the GIX Prototyping Labs
Ways to Give
Donating to GIX is easy and tax deductible!
- You can make a secure gift online using your credit card by typing “GIX” into the “Search Funds” bar.
- You can send a check made out to the “UW Foundation” to:
Global Innovation Exchange
C/o Taryn Echert
12280 NE District Way
Bellevue, WA 98005
- You can transfer a gift of stocks, bonds, or other securities. More information and instructions can be found here.
- Does your company provide corporate matching? More information and instructions are available here.
If you need additional information or would like assistance in making your gift, please contact Taryn Echert, GIX assistant director of engagement.
Interested in giving a large gift or learning about corporate sponsorship opportunities? Please contact Katelin Cannon, GIX director of partnerships & engagement programs.