MSTI Alumni Outcomes
The University of Washington’s MS in Technology Innovation is a technical, career-focused degree that provides students with specific expertise, design thinking skills, and project experience necessary to succeed in today’s top tech companies and high-growth startups.
The interdisciplinary curriculum prepares students for a range of roles in technology innovation and technical product development. Learn from industry experts in the heart of Seattle’s thriving tech community, minutes from GIX partners Microsoft, T-Mobile, and Meta.
- The most common job roles at graduation are software engineer, product manager, UX designer, and program manager.
- 92% of graduates secure a job either during the final quarter or within three months following graduation.
- 65% of MSTI graduates make $100,000 in their first job, and 85% of graduates make over $100,000 in their second job post-graduation.
- Average salary increases 60% from before the MSTI (for students with prior work experience).
Alumni Highlight: James Muir, Class of 2021, TerraClear
“I entered the MSTI program because I wanted to become a robotics engineer. Although robotics engineering is a very technical role, I still enjoyed the design and business aspects of the MSTI program.
Working on design and business projects helped me to understand the roles of other employees at my company, including what they do and what goals they are trying to achieve.”
-James Muir, Robotics Engineer at TerraClear
Read more about James’ story in our blog: How the University of Washington Prepares Students for Robotics Careers.
Five Ways the UW MSTI Prepares You for a Career in Technology
The MSTI degree was built from the ground-up to give the next generation project managers, designers, and engineers the skillset for a successful career. The MSTI features:
- A modern curriculum designed to launch careers
- Hands-on experience working with industry partners
- Professional career development services
- Formal and informal mentorship from subject matter experts
- World-class faculty and facilities.
Alumni Highlight: Ketki Hardas, Class of 2020, Motorola
“The MSTI helped me gain a diverse set of technical, interpersonal, and collaboration skills that help me innovate and excel at my job.
As a UX Designer at Motorola, I primarily focus on optimizing user workflows and overall product experience for wearables and cloud based softwares used by first responders in North America and Europe. I also spend my time exploring design and latest technology like AR/VR, deep learning etc., to find if it might solve our user’s lingering problems. As a Design Ops, I design and innovate toolsets with an aim to improve processes and facilitate design quality + efficiency within our team of 26.”
-Ketki Hardas, UX Designer at Motorola Solutions
Ryan Wu, Class of 2018, Senior Product Manager (Wyze Labs)
Learn More and Apply
Ready to advance your career in technology? Develop the next generation of smart IoT and robotics solutions with the University of Washington’s MS in Technology Innovation. In this intensive program, you will learn how to take an innovative idea from concept to development, and on to launch.