GLOBAL TECHNOLOGY EXPERIENCE
Semiconductor Industry Insights: Taiwan
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC) office in Hsinchu, Taiwan
Understanding the Global Semiconductor Industry
Learn the fundamentals of semiconductor design, manufacturing, application, and global supply chain implications from leading experts in academia and industry.
- All University of Washington graduate-level students and alumni are welcome to apply for this program.
- This program is designed to be interdisciplinary and accessible to all. No technical background is needed to participate.
Semiconductor Industry Essentials, in partnership with National Taiwan University
- Program elements: UW Graduate course combining Eight days of in-class instruction and company visits
- Location: National Taiwan University (NTU) campus with company visits around Taipei and Hsinchu, Taiwan.
- Dates: June 17-28, 2024
Pictured: National Taiwan University campus in Taipei
University of Washington’s Global Innovation Exchange and Taiwan’s prestigious National Taiwan University have curated an exclusive program that reveals insights into the world’s most critical technology and industry.
This program will focus on the fundamentals of semiconductor technology, its industry applications, and global business implications taught by leading academic and industry experts.
The program will also provide rare access to Taiwan’s leading semiconductor companies and research institutes.
- Acquire a fundamental understanding of semiconductor design and its diverse applications.
- Discover insights into the semiconductor manufacturing process and what differentiates Taiwan’s manufacturing ecosystem from the rest of the world.
- Explore the intricacies of the semiconductor supply chain and its interdependencies.
- Learn the essential history and geopolitical context and implications of the semiconductor industry.
- Gain rare access to the leading companies and research institutes in Taiwan’s semiconductor ecosystem
Industry Visits (To be Confirmed)
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC): Engage with the world’s top semiconductor manufacturer.
- Mediatek: Learn from one of the world’s leading semiconductor design companies.
- Taiwan’s Industrial Technology Research Institute (ITRI): Explore cutting-edge research from Taiwan’s leading scientific research institute.
- Taiwan Institute of Economic Research (TIER): Gain insights into economic perspectives and trends regarding the semiconductor industry from Taiwan’s leading economic think tank.
- Kneron: Witness semiconductor innovation in action with Taiwan’s leading startup designing neuroprocessing units.
- Taiwan’s Microsoft AI Research Hub: Experience the intersection of groundbreaking artificial intelligence development and semiconductor technology.
Full or partial scholarships may be made available to participants through the Global Tech Experiences scholarship application process.
More information to come.
Email email@example.com with your full name and the name of your degree program for registration and deposit details.
Enrollment in a University of Washington Global Innovation Exchange graduate course is required for participation.
Summer 2024 cost: $4,730
Included in the course fees:
- Instruction Costs
- Accommodation (all participants must stay in designated housing in Taipei)
- Lunch on program days (does not include weekend)
- Administrative Fees
- UW Study Tour enrollment fees*
Not included in the above fees (participant responsibility):
- Travel to Taipei (flights)
- UW mandatory travel insurance* (Approximately $2/day)
- Other meals and incidentals not covered above
* Only applicable for UW matriculated students